Can:Do Hearing, in conjunction with Can:Do 4Kids, are the state’s most experienced provider of services for children with hearing concerns. Paediatric appointments are conducted by a paediatric audiologist with extensive experience assessing children of all ages.
We provide a full range of children’s hearing tests and audiological services through our accredited audiology practice as well as access to a multidisciplinary team to support your child’s needs.
The available services may include:
- Hearing tests for children from 6 months
- Assessment of ear health (including middle ear examination)
- Audiological support for children enrolled in Cora Barclay Listening and Spoken Language Program
- Auditory Processing assessment and management
- Cochlear implant mapping (including device management)
- Assistive Listening Devices – such as personal listening devices
- Hearing Aid Fittings and management
- Hearing protection/Customised earplugs
- Soundfields and classroom acoustics
Why does my child need a hearing test?
- Hearing loss is invisible – your child may respond to many sounds but have difficulty hearing soft sounds
- A newborn hearing screening may miss a mild hearing loss
- Hearing can change
- There may be concerns regarding your child’s speech and language development
- There may be concerns regarding your child’s listening behaviour
- Your child has had a history of middle ear infections
- There is a history of hearing loss within your family
- Peace of mind
How will you assess my child’s hearing?
There are a number of paediatric hearing assessments available at Can:Do Hearing and Can:Do 4Kids. The types of tests used depend on your child’s age and their ability to respond. Testing may include:
- Listening games
- Speech testing
- Middle ear health check
Our paediatric audiologists will work with you to ensure your child’s hearing needs and goals are met. The multi-disciplinary Can:Do 4Kids team will continue to provide high quality, evidence-based hearing services.