We understand how hard mealtimes can be for children and families. Many children have difficulties with their mealtime skills because eating is such a complicated process. Our highly trained multi-disciplinary feeding team are here to help make this an enjoyable learning time for everyone.
Areas of support may include:
- Picky or fussy eating
- Challenges with mealtime routines
- Delayed oral skills (chewing, biting)
- Family emotional support surrounding mealtimes
- Feeding assessments
- Oral Eating and Drinking Care Plans (OEDCP)
How they do it
- Individual therapy (with child, family and key people in the child’s life)
- Small groups
- Remote services and telehealth (Skype)
- Working alongside parents/carers and key people in the child’s life (including educators, teachers, grandparents)
- Clinic-based and within community settings
Our specialist will work with you and your family to develop goals to suit your child’s individual needs. Progress and outcomes will be monitored and reported to track your child’s progress.