Certain conditions make a child more susceptible to hearing loss:
- Deafness in the family
- Premature birth
- Illness at or around time of birth
- Meningitis or encephalitis (infection of the brain and/or its coverings)
- Viral infections during pregnancy
- Birth defects of the ear, nose, face or neck
- History of ear infections
Can:Do Hearing is an independent, not-for-profit audiology clinic aligned with South Australia’s two oldest registered charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids and Deaf Can:Do. Audiological services are available for infants 6 months of age to adults.
Services include hearing assessments for all ages, auditory processing assessments for children from 6 years of age, adult hearing aids and assistive listening devices.