While you may be referred to us by a General Practitioner (GP) or other health professional, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), or someone involved in your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) planning process, you are welcome to get in touch with us directly.
Navigating the NDIS is explained: here
We work with the NDIS to give your family more choice and control over how, when and where your support is provided.
We can assist you through this process by:
- Helping you identify your child’s and family goals
- Assessments and reports to confirm a diagnosis
- Providing supporting documentation
- Attending planning meetings
- More information about navigating the NDIS is explained: here
GPs and Health Professionals
Making a referral is easy. Call us or email the referral information and we’ll take it from there.
If you’re not eligible for NDIS funding, you’re still welcome to access our services. Here are some options:
- Medicare or private health rebates may be available for some services.
- We welcome fully self-funded clients.
- Donation Dollar scheme: The intention of the scheme is to inspire a national spirit of charitable giving, with a tangible reminder which encourages all Australians to give smaller amounts, more often across more charities. The innovative concept has remained a much-needed helping hand throughout the ongoing global pandemic and the resulting financial pressures.
- Can:Do is also able to provide support funded through the Education Department under the Children and Students with Disability (CSWD) program. Please speak with your child’s teacher to find out if your child is eligible for this program.
Capability Building for Educators
Participation in a capability building session at your school, will ensure your staff have better knowledge and understanding of supporting students within a classroom setting who have hearing loss and/or vision impairment, as well as those with auditory processing disorders (APD).
Book with Chelsea Mudge, CD4K’s Senior Service Support Coordinator via email email@example.com
Can:Do 4Kids has been funded through the Education Department under the Children and Students with Disability (CSWD) program to provide these sessions.
All Can:Do 4Kids therapists visiting schools have the necessary clearances required (e.g. RRHAN-EC, DCSI WWCC, Public Liability Insurance, Child Safe Statement and Catholic Education clearance).