The transition from pre-school to school can be a challenging time for all children and families. For children who are deaf or hard of hearing the early years of school present children with new challenges — academic, personal, social and auditory. Starting school with confidence can help set the foundations for future school learning.
Bright Start: term 3 and 4
- To enhance the transition from pre-school to school for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- To provide a safe, nurturing small group environment for children who are hard of hearing two terms prior to starting school.
- To develop pragmatic language skills, independence and social confidence.
- To develop self-advocacy skills including equipment management.
- To develop theory of mind and vocabulary of emotions.
- To develop listening attention in a classroom environment.
- To develop early literacy skills.
Contact us to find out more about Bright Start.Contact us