Can:Do’s social workers can provide a variety of support and assistance programs to help children with disabilities and their families. And because every child and situation is unique, we tailor our services to deliver the right support at the right time.
How can social work support your family?
Our social workers can deliver support for an array of issues and concerns, including:
- Helping to access resources and support services, such as therapy, medical care, and financial assistance
- Assisting in navigating the educational system and advocating for the needs of their child in school
- Providing counselling and therapy to your child and your family
- Coordinating with other professionals, such as doctors, teachers, and therapists, to ensure that your child's needs are being met
- Providing support and guidance to you and your family as you adjust to life with a child that has diverse needs
- Helping families to connect with other families in similar situations, through support groups and other social support networks
Ultimately, our social work services are designed to support children and their families in leading rich, rewarding and fulfilling lives.